Thousands of free tickets to Blackpool attractions are offered to residents to celebrate the return of tourism.
Those living in Blackpool will have the option to claim free tickets to many of the resort’s popular attractions. The offering was created to celebrate the first full tourist season since 2019 following the coronavirus pandemic.
Tickets to attractions such as Blackpool Zoo, Sandcastle Waterpark, Blackpool Tower Eye, Blackpool Dungeon, SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, Blackpool Tower Circus and the new Peter Rabbit attraction are on offer.
READ MORE: We spent the morning at Blackpool’s Central Pier to see how far £ 20 would get
Today (April 29) a free vote was launched on the Blackpool Council website with several thousand tickets available for a range of attractions and venues to be used at selected times and dates over the next 12 months. Successful applicants will be notified by email or post and details on how to redeem tickets and by what deadline will be provided.
Cllr Lynn Williams, leader of the Blackpool Council, said, “Our tourism industry has gone through two of the toughest years in living memory, during which many of our attractions have been forced to close for significant periods of time. Now that they are fully operational again, we are delighted that some of these places and attractions are offering residents the opportunity to experience some of what they have to offer at no cost. “
Families with a Blackpool postcode are welcome to take part in the ballot here and make a first and second selection for their favorite attraction or venue. Only one entry is allowed per family.
Applications can also be sent by post to “FREE TICKETS”, Communications Team, Blackpool Council, PO BOX 4, Blackpool, Lancs, FY1 1NA but must be received by Saturday 14 May 2022 at the latest.
The free ticket includes:
- 5,000 family tickets (for up to four people) to Merlin’s portfolio of attractions including The Blackpool Tower Eye, Blackpool Dungeon, SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, The Blackpool Tower Circus and Peter Rabbit’s new Golden Mile attraction . Tickets will be usable outside peak holiday hours
- 1,250 family tickets (up to four people) to the award winning Sandcastle Waterpark. Tickets will be for sessions on selected dates between now and the end of the year
- 500 family tickets (two adults, two children) to Blackpool Zoo, with a 20% discount for any other family members who wish to go. Tickets valid from September to December
- 50 pairs of tickets and 50 family tickets (maximum two adults, two children) to selected Blackpool Football Club home games in the 2022-23 season
- 100 pairs of tickets for the British National Dance Championships to be held at the Empress Ballroom in November. The passes will provide access over three days
- 100 pairs of tickets for organized heritage tours of the Winter Gardens. Ten special tours will be organized between June and March with 20 people per tour.
- A total of 60 tickets for four organized tours of the Grand Theater with 15 seats available for each tour
- Nearly 200 tickets to various performances at the Grand Theater, including 20 pairs of tickets to the Twopence To Cross The Mersey drama from 4-6 October; 25 pairs of tickets for the opening night of the Christmas panto, Sleeping Beauty, on 2 December; 45 pairs of tickets for the annual Christmas Concert on December 12th.